Are you sick of writing ‘Regards’ at the end of your emails? There Are 42 More Alternatives.
If you’re weary of the same old email sign-off, this list offers a variety of options.
I have a confession: I almost always end my emails with the phrase “Thanks!” It doesn’t matter if I have anything to express gratitude for — usually it’s my default signature.
When I’m not expressing my thanks for anything, what do I do? At the end of my communications, I always use the customary “Best” salutation. Isn’t it amazing how inventive I am?
It’s not that I don’t want to end my email on a high note. It’s just that I’m frequently at a loss for words. Are there any other possibilities outside those two well-known favorites?
Yes, they do exist. And, in reality, there are quite a few of them. Fortunately for you (and for me! ), I’ve compiled a massive list right here. Naturally, not all of them will be appropriate for every setting or business. However, with so many choices, you’re sure to discover one that meets your needs.
So go ahead and bookmark this page so you can return to it whenever you want to try something different than your regular email sign-off.
If you require something more official, please accept my best regards and best wishes.
- Goodbye and Best Wishes for the Future
- I’m sending you my best wishes.
- Warm Greetings
- Warm Regards
- Warmest greetings and best wishes for a wonderful day from yours truly
- Speak With You Soon
- Take Care
- Warm Regards
- Warm Wishes
- Wishing You a Wonderful Day
- Yours Truly
If you’re looking for something lighthearted, this is the place to go.
- Have a wonderful
- Best wishes
- Greetings on !
- Have a wonderful day!
- Here’s to a Fantastic
- I hope this information is useful.
- I’m hoping you’re having a good
- Make it a fantastic day!
- It’s been a pleasure catching up with you, and I hope to see you again tomorrow.
- Until next time, talk soon
- Your Friend thinks you’re the best.
- Thank You
- Thank you for taking the time to read.
- Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Thank you for your assistance.
- Thank You So Much For Your Appreciation And Gratitude
- You’ve saved my life.
- If you’re having a good time (or cheesy)
- Felicia, farewell.
- Congratulations on reading the entire email.
- Don’t Give Up Hope If You Think You Need Coffee
- Later, Alligator, keep on keepin’ on.
- Long Life and Prosperity
- Looking Ahead (to Friday) Another Day Closer to Friday
- So long, farewell, peace
Again, not every one of these will work for every email you send. The words you use with your boss or a key client will be very different from those you use with a close friend or coworker, just as they will be in spoken communication.
So, before adding your signature, think about the message and the circumstances — especially if you’re planning on using a snarkier one. Are you feeling stuck? This helpful guide will assist you in determining whether or not the formalities can be waived.
With that in mind, say goodbye to your tried-and-true sign-off and replace it with one of these to spice things up now and then!
Did I leave out your favorite? Let me know what it is by sending me a tweet!